Thursday 7 March 2019

Seaweek

For seaweek this week we have been working with Mrs Walklin on the theme of "Tiakina o Tātou Mōana – Caring for our Seas" 

As a class we pretended to be different sea creatures and wrote letters to humans explaining our problem. Here is an amazing example of a letter written by Quaid

Dear Humans 

Don’t be lazy and pick up your rubbish and others rubbish because there is a truck load of rubbish getting dumped in the ocean each minute.

My brother is sick from all the germs and my other brother was killed by the all the rubbish and here is what I mean.

 

This what I mean about you need to pick up rubbish and it's horrible to swim and don’t litter. Rubbish is getting into the ocean by getting blowed to the gutter and then the rain comes and takes it to the drain and that it goes to the ocean.I like eating selp now i’m eating plastic bags because I can’t tell the difference.

From: Greeny the turtles.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I accidentally pressed the wrong button....

    But Hi, I am Arvay from St Pius X Catholic School in Glen Innes.
    Very Interesting...I love the way you took the photo. The water is beautiful. Is that Sea weed? Good Job. Please look at our school blog. Great learning and nice talking to you. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Savior, I am from st Pius x school I'm enjoyed looking at your picture it was like I kitten look away from the underwater picture,
    take more picture like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Angeline and I go to St Pius X Catholic School in Glen Innes Also I love the way all of you's care about the environment because if people won't know about the environment they won't pollute everywhere in the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Kalisi and I go to st pius x school and I like the picture of the seaweed under water. But I am not a big fan of seaweed and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys, My name is yazmin and I go to paroa school thanks for all the comments, sorry no its not seaweed its rubbish in the sea could you please come and look on my blog

    Yazmin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys my name is Josaia you might have seen my last comment I have learned a lot from what you have wrote I will try to not pollute.
    By Josaia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.